Skip to content

Search Results for

21-30 of 320

Timeline

2020

With Foundation support, the Hospital opens the first COVID-19 Critical Care Unit in San Francisco. The Foundation allocates funding to the Hospital throughout the pandemic, including providing needs-based grants to 150 employees suffering from financial hardship.

In response to evolving surgical innovations, the Foundation funds the first da Vinci® XI robot for minimally invasive robotic surgeries.

Timeline

2012

The Foundation launches a $4.7 million capital campaign to expand and renovate the Bothin Burn Center.

Catholic Healthcare West changes its name to Dignity Health as part of a system-wide governance restructuring.

Timeline

2005

The Foundation provides funding to build and expand the Hospital’s acclaimed Spine Center, increasing access and outcomes for a practice model targeting chronic pain and back relief.

SFF Lobby

Timeline

1994

The Foundation oversees the donation by SFMH physicians and brothers Ben and Jess Shenson of 48 original oil paintings by renowned California artist Theodore Wores. The artworks are placed on public view in the Drs. Ben and Jess Shenson Memorial Gallery in the Perrotti Lobby.

Timeline

2010

The Foundation invests $7 million in the expansion and upgrades of the Hospital’s Radiological Suite, including the MRI, CT and Ultrasound equipment and patient services.

Timeline

2011

The Foundation’s $5.5 million capital campaign results in the renovation of the Hospital’s existing Surgical Operating Rooms and the construction of nine new advanced surgical suites, including monitors, EKG and diagnostic sensors for anesthesia.

Timeline

2017

Dignity Health merges with Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and rebrands as CommonSpirit Health.

SFF 1911

Timeline

1911

The new Saint Francis Hospital opens at its present location at Hyde and Bush streets in the heart of San Francisco. The founders restructure as a not-for-profit and add “Memorial” to the name.

Newly decorated room 1953

Timeline

1958

The Hospital builds the East Wing on Bush Street, adding facilities for an in-patient psychiatric unit and devoting space for the renowned Bothin Burn Center, today the largest dedicated burn center in Northern California serving more than 500 patients each year.