Through our partnership with Saint Francis Memorial Hospital over more than four decades, working with our generous community, our support has enabled better health outcomes for hundreds of thousands of patients and their families in San Francisco and beyond. Learn more about our partnership with Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.
We work in partnership with Hospital leadership, staff and community partners to address significant health needs for the medically vulnerable, in order to bolster the continuum of care in San Francisco. Learn more about our community partnerships.
Our guiding principle is that everyone should have access to high-quality, equitable and affordable health care, and that private philanthropy is essential to achieving that goal. We prioritize and award grants focused on the areas of medical Innovation and Transformation, Behavioral and Mental Health, Aging, and Crisis Management and Response.
Measuring Impact since 1979:
- $120+ million raised and stewarded by the Foundation on behalf of our philanthropic community
- $92.8 million raised in donations to improve community health care access and outcomes
- $6.5 million in grants to local nonprofit community partners
- $83 million provided in direct funding to Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- 92% of Foundation funding supports Saint Francis Memorial Hospital’s strategic improvements and patient services
What We Fund
Contributing to significant upgrades of key hospital services and departments
Ensuring that up-to-date tools are available for both physicians and their patients
Providing a variety of items to enhance the experience of everyone receiving treatment
Community Health & Wellness
Recognizing that improved health is influenced by factors outside the health care setting
Staff Education & Training
Promoting staff growth through attendance at professional development conferences and workshops