What We Do
what we do
Founded in 1979, the Saint Francis Foundation is a non-profit organization entrusted to provide philanthropic support to Saint Francis Memorial Hospital and the community the hospital serves. Through the generosity of caring and compassionate donors, we are responsible for raising funds, establishing and distributing grants and continuing to foster outstanding health services to the local community.
Serving at their best since 1905, Saint Francis Memorial Hospital has stood as a pillar of strength and refuge for the community. The hospital has endured two world wars, two earthquakes and witnessed a significant rise in the cost of living and most importantly healthcare costs. Continuing this vital role in ever-changing circumstances has become challenging, making the work of the Foundation even more important.
The Saint Francis Foundation strives to approach every day with kindness and compassion. We are honored to serve the great city of San Francisco in this most profound way.
- In 35 years The Foundation has distributed more than $50 million in grants to the Hospital, initiating many critical projects that keep Saint Francis at the cutting edge of quality patient care.
- All Six (6) state of the art Operating Rooms are MI Rooms. (Minimum Invasive) Two are 600 sq. ft. to accommodate all large cases focusing on Ortho and Spine.
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital Sport Medicine Clinic has over 26,000 visits a year.
- The Intensive Care & Critical Care Unit Ranks among the lowest (25th percentile nationally) for central line-associated bloodstream infections.
- Our Emergency Unit sees approximately 35,000 patients a year and we have the second busiest ambulance traffic volume in San Francisco.